Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Welcome!

A conversation:

HEATHER: Hey Blog!

BLOG: Hey Heather. 

H: What exactly are you doing here? 

B: Well, Heather--allow me to explain. I exist to showcase the writing of students enrolled in English 201 at the University of Arizona. Think of me as a sort of collaboration between students. Think of me however you like. But don't think of me in the shower, I guess. 

H: Blog! I'm no perv. But you make a good point. You also make a good point about students and collaboration and those sorts of things. What sorts of things will be appearing on you, except, you know, those birds up in the corner? 

B: I'm not entirely sure yet. I'm sort of at the mercy of this group of 20 students. I guess you might see book reviews, interviews, observations, rants, raves, opinions, poems, music reviews, short essays, short fiction, funny stories about moms, sad stories about breakups, musings, photographs, cartoons, blah blah blah. Original content generated by students from diverse backgrounds. Comments. Collages. Collections. 

H: Wow, Blog. That sounds incredible. I can't wait to read more. Just one more thing...

B: Yes? 

H: I uhh... well, nothing I guess. I'm embarrassed. 

B: What? 

H: You've got some toilet paper stuck to your shoe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment