Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Coffee Rush

It's the perfect place to go on midnight whim. Coffee cravers, conversation lovers and intellectuals alike gather to sip coffee and hot tea.

Warm mocha in my hand, I find an empty table near a brick wall and a broken water fountain. By this, I mean there's a tiny broken hose that's spurting water into a shallow concrete basin of snapdragons. It looks like cupid is peeing on mother natures children.

This is the perfect place to people watch. Sitting at the table to my left, a man and a woman are smoking Menthols. The man is wearing a forest green plaid shirt, sleeves rolled up to his elbows revealing a snake tattoo running down his forearm. The woman sits with her knees pulled up to her chest, slowly exhaling the smoke of her cigarette and smiling with her ruby stained lips.

It is a dark and chilly night, illuminated by the glow of 1950s styled lampposts and trees wrapped in out-of-date Christmas lights.

As for me, I breathe in secondhand smoke and sip my mocha.


3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I really love your detail of the place - the broken fountain, the people smoking Menthols, the lamp posts - these details are really wonderful. It gives such a great feel for the place. Where is this coffee shop? I've been to a few great ones and this one sounds very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Your description is awesome it feels like I am actually there sitting in the coffe shop with you and inhaling the second hand smoke. I am also a coffee lover and it is so true that coffe shops are a great place for people watching. I love writing in coffee shops because looking at all the people and seeing their actions gives me great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny - It is called Coffee Rush (if you didn't look at the title haha), and it is located in Gilbert, Arizona!

    ReplyDelete