Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tell me the right way to take a testttt!!!!

Wow everyone,

   Sorry I haven't contributed to this , these stories are awesome. I have a little story about today that I would like to share because I'm pissed off at myself.

Today I had two midterms both of which I should have got an A on , but unfortunately I didn't and this blog is about test taking. A few pointers would be appreciated.

 I was the first person out of 150 students to finish my test and walk out of the class.
 This test was given on a scratcher scan-tron, if you haven't seen one of those this is how it works:

- You are given a penny to scratch off what you think the answer might be (A-E).
- If you get the answer right you'll see a star after it's scratched and you receive the full 3 points that the question is worth.
- If you answer the question wrong you get another chance to get it right, for 1 point.

This sounds good because you get another chance but it's kind of like a real gambling scratcher. I get super worked up to see that star as if it's worth some sort of cash prize and this deters me from concentrating on the actual test.

Also, I had 1 hour and 15 minutes to complete the exam and I did it in 25 minutes on a 41 question test. Why the hell did I spaz through that test?

Anyway, I got an 80% on it. Not cool. Oh one of the only cool things about the scratcher is that you get to know your score before you leave the class.

Someclassmates want to give me some test taking pointers?


1 comment:

  1. I don't really have any pointers for this type of test, but I would just say slow down and take your time. You have a lot of time to take these tests, and if you use your time wisely you may do better. I have never heard of this type of test before, I am a bad test taker and if I had to take that type of test, I would probably do terrible because I was have a lot of anxiety about piking the right one. I also like to go back and check my work and that is hard to do on a scratch test.

    ReplyDelete